Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day to All

Patchwork quilts bring back memories for many of us.  I found this partially assembled quilt top at an estate sale recently.  5~1/2" square 4-patches .... 85 of them!  They were a bit musty and I didn't want to launder them and have them ravel or shrink so I pinned them out on the clothesline on a windy afternoon.  Don't they look like prayer flags?  

Here's a photo of them placed on a bed... I know I will never put them together and I cannot bear to see anything like this lost, so I put them in my Etsy shoppe.  Someone's mother began this project and I hope a daughter finishes it.  A bit sentimental today.

Hope you all have a wonderful Mother's Day complete with brunches, bouquets, dog walks and phone calls to and from loved ones.

No comments: