Saturday, May 18, 2013

A Successful Treasure Hunt

 Yard sales and tag sales are underway in earnest here.  Thought you'd like to see some of what I found today.  Only the louvered shutters were in my treasure stash before.  Notice the cute little
spigot on the galvanized water can.  Love the chippy metal tool box.  And a Camel cigarette thermometer advertising sign!....  It's pretty rusty, but still a great find.  The vintage rose-covered hand-hooked wool rug is lovely.
Along a quiet country road I spotted some blooming "jack-in-the-pulpit."  These are getting harder and harder to find.  They prefer to live in undisturbed deciduous forests.  I consider this a treasure, too.

1 comment:

Sally Tharpe Rowles said...

Great finds....I so love a good yard sale! Love the jack-in-the-pulpit too! They brings back memories of childhood!