Saturday, December 29, 2012

Big Seven-O

Birthdays come and go.  Today is my 70th.  Yesterday I was grumpy about it.  Today I am fine.  Especially since my Aunt Ricky just called to wish me a happy birthday.   She is a young 90 and we laughed and laughed about our ages. 

My favorite birthday gift is the gift of smooth ice for ice skating.  I put my skates on at the shore this morning and it was a beautiful skate.... very fine, light snow in the air and no wind.   Delightful.  Afterwards I got a cup of coffee and sat on the thinking bench by the lake and tried to remember the decades.... some were easy, some not so much.   All in all, it's been a beautiful life and I am grateful.

4 comments:

Sally Tharpe Rowles said...

Happy happy birthday!!! And happy skating!!! You are clearly young st heart!

Vintage Maison said...

Good gracious Pat - skating! Happy birthday and many more of them!

Art From The heart said...

Happy Birthday ! I'm your new follower,spotted you on Etsy as I browsed.
It's not often I find blogs in TC.
Come visit mine. I'm an artist and have a space at The Red Dresser.
Amy Jo

Unknown said...

How lovely !!!....ice skating on your birthday, I hope you had a lovely day !!