Friday, April 20, 2012

April Showers..... Finally

The alarm rang at 5:30 a.m. today.  I leaped out of bed, got ready quickly and ran to the car during a total downpour.   A super estate sale about an hour drive away was calling me.  I like to be first in line for the handing out of numbers for admittance.  It poured all the way there and just let up slightly around 8 a.m. when I received my number ~ # 3.  Not bad!!


On the drive there as it was just becoming light, I noticed this charming working farm complete with young cattle.  These ducks were in the puddles along the road edge and gave me quite a start.  They were loving the weather!  I especially like the lead duck with his feathers streaking out on the back of his neck.

The rain let up on the return trip home and I stopped to photograph these beautiful scenes.  White trillium, a protected wildflower, is blooming now on the hillsides.



No comments: