Monday, November 28, 2011

Flexible Flyers

Do you remember trying to "fly" down a hill in a direction of your choosing?  Somehow we managed very nicely.   The big boys would run carrying these sleds, then throw themselves onto their bellies atop the sleds so they could fly even faster down the snow-packed runs.  Now I slide on a molded plastic sled!  Seems safer at my age!    These are vintage "flyers" I find, restore and decorate with painted snowmen for my booth in the annual Holly Berry Art & Craft fair.  Fresh cedar & hemlock from the woods!  Very festive on your front porch!



2 comments:

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

Very pretty, Pat! I found an old Felxible Flyer sticking out of a gargage bin in the park this summer and rescued it. I hope to decorate it and put it out on my front stoop.

Pat said...

Oh, great find, Pat! I will watch for a photo of your sled.