Sunday, May 29, 2011

While Waiting for Summer.....


I have been visiting estate sales in obscure places.   Yesterday while following signs to a sale down gravelly roads, I stopped to take photos of this stately old house and barn.  Makes me wonder what the story is... someone is tending the lawns beautifully.   And the lilacs.... aren't they gorgeous?  Even though the foundation is falling into the basement under the house, the building is still square as can be.   Just a few of the old asphalt siding shingles are still clinging to the upper exterior.   

2 comments:

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

Hi Pat!

It's sad to see an abandoned house. I always wonder why it was left forgotten.

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

Just lovely - I like it when people save old buildings by photographing them - they will live forever in your photos. I like to make up stories about the old houses and barns I photograph.