Saturday, September 4, 2010

Finding Tranquility

What a couple of weeks it has been!  A dear and talented neighbor/friend who was a genuinely careful and experienced motorcyclist had a car turn in front of him unexpectedly.  In spite of modern medical surgical miracles, he passed away as a result of his injuries.  Please watch out for bikers ~ both pedal and motor.   Thankfully, during this sad time,  I have had my granddaughter's corgi ~ the middle dog ~ to baby sit.  He gets along really well with my two dogs and there hasn't been a dull moment... a good distraction.

During a recent morning I heard the old-fashioned sound of a single engine airplane motor.   It was still and quiet with the lake like glass.... a perfect day to practice take-offs and landings.  And that is exactly what this little yellow sea plane did for a couple of hours.  I grabbed a cup of coffee and headed to the "thinking" bench by the shore and watched for quite a long while.   Hence, the tranquility I was looking for.

3 comments:

black eyed susans kitchen said...

Hi Pat, I am so sorry for your loss. My brothers in law (they are twins) had a best friend who we also lost to a motorcycle accident...it was very sad. The dogs look so sweet and comfortable posing there for you.
♥, Susan

Pat said...

Thank you, Susan.

The dogs look sweet as dogs do when expecting a reward... good behavior for a treat!

wendy said...

I am looking forward to taking up some space on that thinking bench! That plane is wonderful - good pictures!