Monday, December 21, 2009

Happy Solstice


And tomorrow the days will begin to grow a wee bit longer.... day by day.  In the meantime, I am loving all the beautiful lights of the season.   One of the greatest pleasures of this season for me is putting on some good CDs and baking cookies all day!  Yesterday I made mincemeat bars, 7-layer bars, almond shortbread, gingersnaps, Russian tea cookies and two kinds of fudge.  We immediately wrapped and boxed them and today they are on their way to my husband's customers, to friends and family.  Enjoy your celebration of this beautiful season!

1 comment:

black eyed susans kitchen said...

You certainly are looking on the bright side, Pat. My son is yearning for longer days. I hope that you are enjoying the holidays. Wishes for a wonderful New Year.
♥, Susan