Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Two Bananas

Two overly ripe bananas inspired this banana cake with penuche frosting.  The recipes for both are from my 1960 vintage Betty Crocker Cookbook.  It was a gift from my neighbor, Peggy.  She taught me a lot about cooking over the years. 

If baking a cake, why not bake a pie or two, too?  It's windy and snowy here for a couple of days and a turkey pot pie seemed as though it would go nicely with the cake.  I like a generous amount of veggies in my pot pies and peel, chop and simmer with a few spices.  A bonus was an extra bit of vegetable stock for soup later.  I make a white sauce, thin it with veggie stock if needed, then add a topping of regular pie crust.  The smaller one in the foil container will go in the freezer for another day.



No comments: